Friday, May 20, 2011

still gearing up

Today was the last day of "school" for me - soon to be followed by 3.5 days of ukulele!  It feels kind of weird that summer is knocking on the door and although I'm ready, I don't know how entirely ready I am to pack up and head east. 

Kurtis didn't have any tests or anything today - he starts his shots tomorrow.  He'll get five sets of shots to make sure that his bone marrow goes "nuts" and produces all the things that he'll need later in the process.  Thankfully, we have a friend who is a nurse who will give him the few shots that he needs while he is still in Colorado.  The first option for those shots was Kurtis himself, and as you might imagine that was a no.  Option number two was me which was a NO, NO. Once his body produces enough cells, they'll harvest them and Kurtis will start his three days of chemo.  If they can't get enough on the first go, they'll wait a day or two and then pull more out.

I've been searching for things to do in Indy - and I've decided that there are some art classes that look really interesting, so I'm trying to decide what I might want to take.  Who knows...

anyway...

Thank you for your positive thoughts and continued support.  It means a lot to us to know that you are all behind us as we power forward!

Lots of love,
Liz (Kurtis and Chauncey)

No comments:

Post a Comment