Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pile of Rocks

Hi :)

Well.  Today has been more of a "usual" Saturday than last Saturday, so that is a definite plus.  The sun has just about finished setting in Fort Collins and I find myself sitting in a dog-hair covered chair watching the Rockies play less than stellar baseball.  Pretty dang normal!

Last night around 4 am, we had a crazy wind attack that not only freaked out Chauncey but made our wind chimes sound like Beethoven's Fifth.  On the list of things that I like to do at four AM there aren't very many things, and dragging myself out of bed to stop the symphony is not really one of them.  Chauncey took this opportunity to take my spot in the bed which he only relinquished under protest.  I am the evil dictator of the bed - the scary, crazed dictator that lets the dog back on the bed after I can get back in. :)  Eventful start to the morning to stay the least!

Once Chauncey and I got up for real we hung out downstairs and outside, pulling some weeds and sorting through a few things.  On a scale of not productive to productive we were definitely not.  All of which, I am sure you really wanted to know.  I mean, isn't that why you read this? To find out what I do between 7 AM and 9 AM in the summer when I'm not at work?  IT'S EXCITING PEOPLE! I mean, I don't really understand why the reality show people aren't banging down the door right now because the Kardashians have nothing on Chauncey.

ANYWAY.
We had a great visit with good friends today from Kurtis' hometown - his forever friend, Ryan and Ryan's sister Nicole. It's always good to have people stopping by, and since Ryan moved back to Holyoke, we haven't gotten to see him very much.  We both enjoyed getting to catch up - and Kurtis and Ryan particularly enjoyed remembering haircuts and chicken coops from their childhood :) They were bonusly cool (Google's red line says "bonusly" is not a word.  I'm pretty sure it's not.  I'm using it anyway because I feel like it.)  and took me to the rock store in Ryan's truck so I can finish(ish) our backyard.

Kurtis' color and movement continues to improve.  Today we went for a walk in the neighborhood and Kurtis came outside to help teach Chauncey how to "swim".  For Chauncey "swimming" is not only terrifying, but he acts as if we are asking him to step his feet into a plastic pool of acid.  The water in his pool is about five inches deep right now and it takes a lot of coaxing from us to get him to attempt to dip a paw into the "terrible" water.  It was nice to see Kurtis out on the deck for a little while and I can't wait to see how well he is doing in a week!! He really is a superhero!

Yesterday, Kurtis and I were talking about the fact that the brain people have told him that he can't play golf for a little while.  He is quite disappointed about that, which I completely understand.  I told him that once he's better that we can go on a trip to somewhere cool and play golf.  Let me know if you've been somewhere warm and excellent that you'd recommend (that includes you, Mom and Dad!).

Tomorrow is another rest day as we gear up.  We should be home pretty much all day so if you'd like to drop by, just shoot me a text message to make sure that K is feeling up to it.

Hope everyone is having an excellent day - more soon!

Love!
Liz, Kurtis, and Chauncey

-Email notes to: rockieslizard@gmail.com
-GoFundMe: http://www.gofundme.com/helpkurtis
-LotsahelpinghandsID: 632922

No comments:

Post a Comment