Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday, Monday!

Hi!
Don't worry! We didn't drown, get eaten by capybaras, or decide to move to New Zealand.  I just took the night off - I didn't have a lot to report and I was more interested in finishing my book! For those of you who haven't known me for very long - I have a little bit of a reading "problem" that often intensifies if I'm within fifty pages of the end of the book.

Anyway, you're not here to check in about my reading (or are you...?) so I'll let you know that Kurtis is doing FANTASTIC.  He has been moving around a lot more the past few days which is really great.  He's now able to get up a lot faster as well as walk while carrying things with ease.  It's great!  Tomorrow afternoon he has his first PT appointment and I am really excited to see how he improves once someone who knows what they are doing can work with him.  Just a week ago he was still pretty dazed from BRAIN SURGERY and now... wow.  So many people, including myself, misuse the word "awesome" when we really mean "that is cooler than the last mildly cool thing I saw/experienced/etc." - but this, in every true meaning of the word is awesome.  Kurtis really is a superhero!  Sorry ladies, he's mine (and Kurtis, when you read this - I love you!).

When Kurtis is sick, for some reason, he takes to watching a massive amount of HGTV.  This is bad.  I suddenly become a crazed monster who wants to paint, refinish, knock down walls, buy new furniture, and whatever other things you can add to your list.  The main problem (besides the fact that we don't have the money for a full-house makeover...haha) is that I am just this side of "not skilled" when it comes to doing any of those things.  Except painting.  Pretty hysterical.  In all seriousness though - at least all the shows are good and it gets the mind working!

I'm thankful that we're not in school right now as I've been spending a lot of time trying to get everything organized and deep cleaned.  For those of you who know me, this should be a pretty amusing image.  Although, I am proud to share that I only got into one fight with our dishwasher today,  and our washer didn't take off into space (although, I think it was on its way), so that's a plus.   I've said this before, but I'm also thankful that we've done this before.  When we started this journey in the fall of 2010, we didn't know anything which was really scary.  Now, it's just a matter of getting everything in place.  Thank you to all of you who have been so kind to visit - bring dinner - snacks - hugs.  The support means so much to both of us <3

Tonight, our super awesome neighbors came over and brought dinner.  We had a great visit with them and it is so nice to live next to such great people.  When they moved into their house in the fall, we were really excited that people our age moved in and it's been so great to have friends right next door :)

It's been hot in Fort Collins the past few days, and we've been having some random rain and wind storms.  Today, I thought we were going to get a really nice rain so I opened the windows to get the smell to Kurtis.  It rained for literally a minute thirty and then it was done.  Meanwhile, we've been having wind attacks around 4 am.  Silly weather!  Now we're just enjoying the evening and thankful that the Rockies are now playing the Padres so they have a shot at winning.  :)

More tomorrow!

Lots of love :)
Liz, Kurtis, and Chauncey

-Email notes to: rockieslizard@gmail.com
-GoFundMe: http://www.gofundme.com/helpkurtis
-LotsahelpinghandsID: 632922

No comments:

Post a Comment