Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One Day Past Craniotomy

Good Evening!

I really do look forward to updating you all on Kurtis' progress daily.  We are so thankful to have each of you in our lives and I love how easy it is to keep everyone in the loop.

I'm sure you're anxiously awaiting information about what Kurtis' first day post-brain surgery was like...so here we go!

First off - think about what you would imagine the day after a craniotomy would be like.  Now scrap that...crumple it up, throw it in the trash.  Kurtis was quite awake when we started our day at 5:30.  The doctors started to come in around 6:30 and around 8 he was taken off to the MRI.  I thought that he'd be pretty tired after the MRI, but he returned even more chipper than when he left! I was astounded.  He apparently fell asleep in the MRI so he got some sleep (we're pretty tired to be honest...) which made him feel better.  Not too long after that, the PT folks had him out of bed and walking down the hall.

I still can't believe that less than 24 hours after brain surgery, Kurtis is walking around like almost nothing happened.  Absolutely crazy.

He also was able to eat so he upgraded from ice chips and water to a banana, yogurt, fruit, and lemonade.  Not too long after that, we were sent to our new room (4th floor!) so we're spending the next few days in a quieter place which is awesome. Kurtis had some dinner.  I had some dinner.  We're watching the Rockies now and hoping that the pick it up a little (5-0 LA in the top of the fourth).  Tomorrow, I'll take Chauncey to 'camp' for the day which should be really fun for him...he's been alone a lot lately and it will be good for him to get to play with other dogs :)

We're hoping Kurtis will get out on Thursday, but it could be Friday.  He thinks he'll be up for visitors tomorrow, so if you would like to drop by, shoot me an email or a text message (970.232.5268) and I'll let you know how he's feeling.

Thanks for your continued love and support :)

More tomorrow!
Liz, Kurtis, and Chauncey

Email notes to: rockieslizard@gmail.com
GoFundMe: http://www.gofundme.com/helpkurtis

5 comments:

  1. This post filled my heart with joy. You have a whole bunch of people in Pittsburgh pulling for you! I'm recruiting everyone I can to send all the goodness your way.

    Also, the Rockies' Instagram post was very special and heartwarming :)

    Much love,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo happy to read this great update!! Go Team Kurtis!! All good thoughts and prayers for you both.
    -Art, Linda and Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear things are progressing.
    I have Friday off, so if you need me to bring you guys up anything I'd be more than happy to do so. Healing vibes are continuing to be sent your way!
    -Maddie Lariv

    ReplyDelete