Monday, November 21, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Post 11-21

Good Morning,

It feels like it has been forever since I have written anything about what is going on with me. In fact it was in May when you all heard directly from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Needless to say it has been a difficult month for me because I am continually thinking about what was happening on this day last year, but it has also been refreshing because I know that all that is behind me. Last week my tumor makers were all retested last week and they all came back NORMAL!! It is hard to explain how ecstatic  we are to feel like we are finally clear of this large bump in the road.

Liz has been keeping herself busy with school and lacrosse. She is very much enjoying being in school and always has about 100 stories to tell me about her day when she gets home. She is also practicing with the lacrosse team about two times per week and she is really really enjoying that. I think she has the practices more for herself than she does for the kids.

Chauncey is enjoying having me back healthy and we continue to have "first grade" at home. He is turning into quite the snow dog and really enjoys playing outside in it and looking out into his "kingdom" from the upstairs windows.

I have been keeping myself busy. In September, I a started substitute teaching at Liz's school and have been working once or twice a week doing that. It is definitely what I have needed since I have been sick. It has been a joy to begin to put a face to many of the names that come with Liz' stories.

Liz and I are extremely excited to be spending the holidays with our families this year instead of cooped up in the hospital. This year we are creating some gift bag type things for the people that are in the hospital for Thanksgiving that we will take there either Wednesday or Thursday because we know how much it sucks to have to be in there and how much small gifts can mean.

But all in all the last several months have been very good to Liz and I. We now look forward to a much more stress free road ahead. Thank you to all of you who continue to pray for us, think about us, and seen positive thoughts our way.

Love,
Kurtis (and Liz and Chauncey)

No comments:

Post a Comment